Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:41:20 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Yuri Krichevsky <yury@bistbn.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial ports on IWill motherboard

On Sun, 15 February 1998 at 15:31:28 +0200, Yuri Krichevsky wrote, to
three different mailing lists:

>     Is there any solution to this problem ?
>     (FreeBSD 2.2.5 can't detect sio ports on my IWill P55XU board).

One mailing list would have done.  Since you've copied -questions,
that's the obvious one to follow up to.

Sorry, no progress.  We've established that it's because the chip
isn't interrupting during the probe, and that adding delays to wait
for it don't help, but we don't know why it isn't working.

Does anybody who has this board have something else than FreeBSD
running on it?  I'd be interested to hear if the problem is unique to
FreeBSD.  Also, if somebody who has easy access to the board could
write down the numbers on the chips, this could help us.

Greg