Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:36:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Eric.Feillant@EUnet.fr
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Help Needed (fwd)

> 1) I successfully mount on my FreeBSD a PC/DOS/WINDOWS3.11 disk in /fisher .
>    (The PC's has an NFS SERVER SOFTWARE MODULE)
>    The problem is when i cd to /fisher and do a "ls" , i'have nothing !
>    with "df" i see the remote filesystem but i don't see anything the
>    directory !

What is the "NFS SERVER SOFTWARE MODULE"?

If it is for PCNFS, not real NFS, then FreeBSD will probably
not be able to mount it.

> 2) I would like to make a new boot floppy from my FreeBSD 2.1 , is it
>    possible to do withoput recompiling all the distribution ?

You can copy the disks as many times as you want using rawrite.

If you are trying to replace the kernel with a modified verion,
you will have to recompile the build environment.  This doesn't
take recompiling the wholedistribution, but it takes some work,
and you will need to research how to do this in the handbook
or the questions archives on the WWW server.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.