Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:59:26 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage-followup

You didnt by chance change the Stripe size from the default of 64 did you?
I remember doing this _once_ and it caused me no end of grief.
Just looking at one of the production RAID10 boxes I have. Its a win2k
server running MS-SQL... Pretty busy and very busy in bursts when billing
for 10,000 users gets run twice a month. Its a 6400 card, Firmware
1.0043.003. BIOS is BEXX 1.04.00.009

It has been in service for some time now without any problems. I have a
couple of RAID 10 devices on FreeBSD, but I dont have access to them right
now to see which firmware they are running.

         ---Mike