Date:      Sat, 31 May 1997 02:57:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        stefan.veith@mail.online-club.de (New User)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling Kernel

> Whenever I try to compile my kernel (typing "make depend" and then "make") I
> get an error message concerning the PCI-Bus. My problem: I have got an
> 486DX/40 and only VL-slots! The examples for "my" own kernel were the
> GENERIC kernel and the referring pages in the handbook. That is why I ask
> YOU since I do not know where my mistake could be.

> device de0
> device fxp0
> device vx0

These three are PCI-device, you need to comment them out of your kernel
config file and the error should vanish.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.10  Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe