Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:49:53 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suspend power drain problems

--nextPart4566640.oQAM57tHb5

	I've posted about this before, but now all the power management acpi=20
code seems to be imported and I've got a bit of time to test things=20
so I'll ask again.  My Fujitsu P2110 is able to suspend and resume=20
correctly and has been able to do it for quite some time now :).  =20
The problem is that the battery drains abnormally fast verses when I=20
have it suspended in Windows 2000.  I'm using the acpi_video DPMS=20
patch that helps significantly, but after a day the battery is still=20
fully drained, where as with Windows it only dropped a few percent.
	I've got hw.pci.do_powerstate=3D1 set so I'm assuming the default power=20
management for pci devices is working, but this doesn't seem to help=20
my system.  To that end what can I do to debug this problem and tell=20
what devices aren't being shutoff and are draining the power?

Thanks,

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry