Date:      Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:09:01 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KVM switch with FreeBSD-8.2

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
Daniel Feenberg articulated:

> The problem I have heard of relates to "what happens if the machine
> boots with the KVM switched to another machine?" The KVM may need to
> pretend there is a keyboard connected at that point. You certainly
> can't tell by looking at the box, but the Trendnet TK-407 I have
> (which is a 4-port USB KVM from the vendor you mention) works fine
> with FreeBSD and Windows. We haven't tested the mouse in FreeBSD.
> Since any USB KVM would be fairly recent, you might just want to take
> a chance.

There is a Windows configuration utility that can be used to setup the
switch. The way I figure it, if I cannot get it to work satisfactory, I
can always return it.

Does your switch work when "X" is not loaded? I have not been able to
get a satisfactory answer regarding that. Someone mentioned that "X"
has to be loaded first. That would definitely be a deal breaker.

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny@hotmail.com