Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Allan Saddi <allan@saddi.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw + ICMP_BANDLIM?

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was any reason why ipfw's reject/
unreach/reset rules were not subjected to any sort of rate
limiting? (imposed by the ICMP_BANDLIM option)

I made a small modification[1] to ip_fw.c (on a 4.6.2 system) to
accomplish this. I want to bring these changes into production,
but I first wanted to know if this omission was by design?
(Perhaps the rate limiting is being done someplace else?)

Thanks,
Allan

[1] http://www.saddi.com/allan/tmp/ipfw-bandlim.diff

--
Allan Saddi                 "The Earth is the cradle of mankind,
allan@saddi.com              but we cannot live in the cradle