Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tony Saign <tony@saign.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        wireless@kismetwireless.net;, dragorn@nerv-un.net;
Subject:   Re: [KISMET] call for help - bsd commands

--bound1026074706

Mike Kershaw <dragorn@nerv-un.net> wrote ..
> I'm unifying the Kismet monitor scripts into one (kismet_monitor) that
> uses
> a new config option (card=) to enable monitor mode on cards.  This should
> make things less confusing.  However, not being a BSD guy, I need the
> control commands for BSD.  I know ancontrol -o 1 and -m 7 enable monitor
> for Cisco cards, but I need the same for Prism2 and for Orinoco.  For the
> latter, I also need to know how to set the channel to monitor.
>
> If anyone knows, please drop me an email...

I don't believe the driver "wi" has this capabilities? Corrections welcome!
I use the utility prism2ctl that comes with bsd-airtools to set up monitor mode.
Using Kismet under FreeBSD in monitor mode creates a lot of bogus detections from the local wi interface in monitor mode as well. But still does detect other wireless traffic.

-Tony

> -m
>
> --
> Censorship, like charity, should begin at home, but
> unlike charity, it should end there. -- Clare Boothe Luce

--bound1026074706--