Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:09:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Tulloch <andrew@cosa.uk-legal.net>
To:        "Andrew L. Neporada" <andrew@Chg.RU>
Cc:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>, "H . S . YOON" <tsoi@xocah.dhs.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does anyone succeed on making world from 3.5S to 4.1S ?

I had a similar experience with 3.4-s to 4.x-s, however, mine was simply
cause by me not reading /usr/src/UPDATING, after reading that I had no
problems...

(although I actually recovered that machine without reinstalling after
using /stand/sysinstall as my shell, when nothing else would load
anymore, then following the instructions correctly got it all back)

Andrew