Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 02:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        damascus@eden.rutgers.edu
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD, Intermittent Problems.

In localhost.freebsd.stable you write:

>	Second Problem.... one of the computers is trying to hook into
>"battle.net" which requires a "6112 UDP" port.  What I tried doing is,
>"natd -permanent_link udp LAN_IP:6112 0:0 6112 -interface de0"  It seems to
>work, but three times in a row, (same day), I "lose" connection.  Is
>something wrong with the permanent link command I did?  It seems to work
>for at least 30 mins... then it "loses" connection.  Is that the right
>idea?  Because without that command, the "battle.net" complains that "my
>server is not processing UDP packets."  (and it uses port 6112 packets).

As far as battle.net goes, I have played ~100 games of Starcraft, with
probably 70 of them going through ppp -alias.  I only have 1
disconnect on my record, and that one came when I was using the modem
directly connected to my Win95 machine.

On the other hand, I have had a great number of disconnects from
battle.net.  While I'm not sure, this seems to indicate that the
problem lies with battle.net specifically and not natd/ppp -alias.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/