Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:22:31 -0400
From:      System Administrator <postmaster@web-it-show.com>
To:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Perl version in FreeBSD

Also, make sure you have updated /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk from /usr/src/share/mk !

As this contains a new "stub" for changing perl versions. (in other words, when
perl was changed from 5.00501 -> 5.00502, this was the only file that needed to be
replaced to keep everything else in ports working smooth for stable)

Dean Hollister wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
> > Put
> >
> > NOPERL=YES
> >
> > in your /etc/make.conf. I believe this should work on -stable also, it
> > certainly does on current.
>
> Thanks. I've done this. I'll see if it helps.
>
> > 5.004 is outdated, 5.00501 is the new `standard'. I still don't expect to see
> > it in -stable anytime soon.
>
> Ummm, you mean 5.00502, according to Perl makefile?
>
> Regards,
>
> d.

Henry
Web-It Show, Inc.