Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:38:10 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, oberman@es.net
Subject:   Motorolla's M1200 modem and FreeBSD?

I've received an old laptop (Micron's Transport XKE), with a modem that was
made by Motorolla, model m1200.

FreeBSD-6 recognizes two serial ports in the machine (regular com-port on the
back, plus the IrDA port), but there is nothing about the modem. comms/ltmdm
does not react to it (Lucent is not Motorolla, I guess :-)

Did anyone ever make these modems work with FreeBSD? Should I try to bring the
comms/mwavem port into the 6.0 world, or is that a different chipset too?

Thanks!

	-mi