Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 15:48:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IPX/SPX routing problem (fwd)

> Please tell me what could be wrong. What is the way of bulding routing table
> for IPX.

1)	Hook your machine to an IPX net.
2)	Let it listen to SAP broadcasts.
3)	It will generate its own table.
4)	If it doesn't, then you aren't getting SAP broadcasts.

Part of being an IPX router is to SAP your address and services to
all your nets (unless you support SAP restriction) every 55 seconds.

If you are a server and someone SAPs a "GetNearestServer" broadcast,
you can respond.  Since FreeBSD boxes are not NetWare servers, and
do not offer services, this will be a non-issue for you.

One potential problem is that the card you have may not have a driver
that handles promiscuous mode and/or broadcasts correctly.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.