Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:50:05 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Igor Kucherenko <kivvy@so-com.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Orinoco Outdoor solutions

>> Anybody knows about plans to develope software of subj in FreeBSD project?
>>
> in what way do the outdoor drivers different from normal lucent wavelan
> drivers?  i thought it was all in the antenna.
>
> randy

Hello again.

There is a new solution from Lucent known as WaveACCESS. This solution
consists of three components :

	1. OrINOCO Outdoor Central Office Router (includes WavePOINT-II
           hardware and router software).

	2. OrINOCO Outdoor Remote Office Router (includes WavePOINT-II
           hardware and router software).

	3. OrINOCO Internet Client (includes firmware for WaveLAN Card,
	   driver for OS and License Kit).

	This solution implements new radio protocol - "TurboCell", and
adding features like CHAP/PAP, dummynet, polling mechanism on the air
instead of CTS/RTS .

	Lucent developes OrINOCO Internet Client *only* for Windows 3x/9x .
And 99% of our routers and clients working on FreeBSD.
This is a problem.

Sorry for previous unclean question.
--
Igor Kucherenko