Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 18:32:45 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        supervisor@alb.asctmd.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:   Re: IPX feedback request -Reply

Hi all,

Could any good soul please explain me what can I do with the IPX/SPX
support in the kernel ?  Is there anything in mind right now ?

I can just think of the following:

1) Routing Netware networks.  This should be made by a daemon
with suport for SAP also.  Maybe, NLSP, which is turning to be
the recommended routing option.

2) Mounting NetWare disks.  This is really a problem.  How to convert
unix users to netware users ?  Should one mount with just one netware
user and show unix users all files as root owned ?  The other option
would be to use one IPX socket for EACH unix user, and would require
a much more complex daemon/kernel.

3) Print Services.  A netware aware lpd would be useful.  Most important:
Should be one which could print from Unix to Netware AND vice-versa.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@coe.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698 ( Job )			jonny@adc.coppe.ufrj.br