Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 10:47:43 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        deasey@server1.netpath.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: post install kernel source

    Geoffrey> How may I install the kernel source tree without
    Geoffrey> re-installing from the cdrom I don't see how to do this,
    Geoffrey> I have looked through the FAQ but I still don't see how
    Geoffrey> to do this.

Mount your cdrom drive:

	su
	mkdir /cdrom
	mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom

Substitute mcd0a if you have a Mitsumi CD-ROM+interface or wcd0a for
an ATAPI, or scd0a for a Sony CD-ROM, or matcd0a for a
Matsushita/Panasonic CD-ROM.  Substitute 1 instead of 0 for the 2nd
CD-ROM drive, 2 for the 3rd, etc.

Next, extract the kernel sources:

	cat /cdrom/dists/src/ssys.?? | tar xzv -C / -f -

You're done.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Last time I went to the movies I was thrown out for bringing my own
food.  My argument was that the concession stand prices are
outrageous.  Besides, I haven't had a Bar-B-Que in a long time.
-- Steven Wright