Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 18:00:04 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        Yvonne Shevnin <yvonnes@aardeus.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anything like Cold Fusion for FreeBSD?

> I have been developing HTML/Web browser-based database front end
> applications using a product called Cold Fusion.  Essentially, Cold Fusion
> is a service which runs on NT and a variety of NT compatible web servers and
> allows access to ODBC compliant databases & SQL.
>
> I was wondering if you knew of a similar product which ran on some web
> server that is FreeBSD compatible?

Hmm.  I remember someone announcing a free ODBC interface for Unix
about a year ago, but didn't keep any details.  In any case, I
think this was just a "normal" application - you'd have to add
the Web server interface yourself.  (Probably not too hard - I
wrote a few CGI programs which make SQL queries for my last
employer).