Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:05:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rich Fox <rich@f2sys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ld.so failure: Undefined Symbol in precompiled binary...

Hi,

I am attempting to install the RealServer G2 (basic) on my FreeBSD 2.2.7
release.
The server software was supplied as a binary and apparently is contained
in an installer program. When I attempt to execute the .bin binary file, I
receive the following error:

ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "___pure_virtual" in
./g2p2-freebsd-2_2.bin:/usr/lib/libg++.so.4.0

I have checked the list archives, and although there are *many* undefined
symbol errors, I have seen very few of them pertaining to pre-compiled
binaries.
My questions are:

	Does this error indicate that I have a problem in my libraries?
	or is it in the binary itself?

To circumvent a whole song and dance with this, I downloaded the Linux
version to run in emulation (since I have had great success running Linux
apps on this box), but I get another error:

./g2p2-linux-2_0_30.bin: can't resolve symbol
'_vt.14CRNInfoEncoder.11CUnknownIMP'

I don't really care about the emulated version, if I can get the native
version to run.

Are there any suggestions or recommendations that anyone out there might
submit?

Thanks,
Rich.