Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 05:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/31141: OpenDX port dumps core in dxexec

The following reply was made to PR ports/31141; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To: Thomas Gellekum <tg@melaten.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc: Charles Allen <charles.allen@ieee.org>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, deischen@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:40:33 -0400 (EDT)

 On 10 Oct 2001, Thomas Gellekum wrote:

 > ,----
 > | $ /usr/local/dx/bin_freebsd/dxexec
 > | Memory cache will use 24 MB (2 for small items, 22 for large)
 > |
 > | Fatal error 'Cannot allocate priority ready queue.' at line 241 in file
 > | /home/FreeBSD/5/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c (errno = 22)
 > | Abort (core dumped)
 > `----
 >
 > I guess EINVAL comes from malloc(3) via brk(2) (but I'll need to build
 > a libc_r with debugging symbols to make sure). First time I see this.
 >
 > I tried the other binaries from OpenDX, they seem to start up fine.
 >
 > Daniel, any ideas?

 The above error message looks very similar to old error messages that
 were caused either by the threads library not being properly initialized
 (before trying to use functions within it), or by having relying on
 old libraries that use libgcc_r, or something like that...

 --
 Dan Eischen