Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:25:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      daniel B <danielb@almazs.pacex.net>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: APC SmarUPS 1250 & FreeBSSD

use upsd in the ports collection; ofcourse you are going to need a serial
cable to connect your machine serial port to the UPS serial interface and
it will do auto-shutdown. You can make the cable yourself from a DB9
serial cable and I posted a question to this list about 8 - 9 months ago
and got info. about the pinouts on the cable, search this mailing list
you'll probably find it.
mine works fine (APC smart UPS 1000RM).

Dan