Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:57:36 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <cygone@zoomnet.net>
To:        "GonZo" <gonzo@boy.rpd.univ.kiev.ua>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Duplicate uid and gid in password file

Eek, yes that is a problem..

Permissions are done with UID/GID; if you have multiple users with the same
UID or GID, those users will have control over other users' files (with
matching UID/GIDSs).. I don't know what could cause it, except a screwy
script.. I've never had that happen.

-Mitch

"When all your plans fail, backup, re-group and press on. The only real
failure is quitting..."