Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:46:26 -0500
From:      Bryan Fullerton <fehwalker@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw jail and debug.mpsafenet

I've upgraded my jail box to 5.3, and was thinking of updating ipfw
rules to use the jail rule option. Both the ipfw man page and the 5.3
Errata indicate that debug.mpsafenet must be set to 0 to prevent a
system lock when using this rule option.

Will setting debug.mpsafenet to 0 impact anything else on the box? A
quick googling shows it could impact performance on SMP machines, but
this is a uniproc box. Anything else I should keep an eye on?

Thanks,
Bryan