Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:15:46 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Giorgos Keramidas writes:

> Hmmm, how?

There are several ways.  I'll leave speculation on that as an exercise
for the reader.

> Very little can be said about a black box system.

It's not a black box.  Much of it is pretty well documented, although
some of the documentation is now out of print, I think.

> Now, when this is compared to something that is documented, clearly and
> visibly, in an open source tree... we can see why the apparent stability
> of NT is worth very little :-(

Being documented and being readily accessible are two different things.
The whole of medicine is very well documented by just about any decent
public library, but that doesn't mean that having access to a library
can make you a doctor.

--
Anthony