Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:08:48 -0400
From:      Greg Fichter <gfichter@bridgenet-is.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP/IP Network problems

I have built a Free BSD 2.2.2 workstation.  I cannot seem to find the
router.  I know that the ip addresses are correct, and I know the adapter
is installed correctly because I can do a self ping (127.0.0.1).  I also
see the kernel recognizing the network adapter when I boot.  Yet when I
try to ping our router or anyone else on the network, I get an error
saying network not reachable.  I have two Microsoft PC's sitting right
next to it that can see the network fine (same hub, etc).    This is the
first time I have networked a UNIX system, so I figure that there is
something painfully obvious about what I am missing.  Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Greg Fichter
gfichter@bridgenet-is.com