Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 00:44:55 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Add Space To Vinum Volume?

I have a vinum volume but would like to add some more space to it.  I've
looked at the man page but can't seem to get it through my thick head as to
what I need to do.  I'm afraid to just try things as I'd prefer not to
destroy the data on my existing volume.  My current volume is as follows:

vinum -> list
4 drives:
D disk1                 State: up       Device /dev/da0h        Avail:
8583/8583
 MB (100%)
D disk2                 State: up       Device /dev/da2h        Avail:
8583/8583
 MB (100%)

1 volumes:
V data                  State: up       Plexes:       1 Size:         16 GB

1 plexes:
P data.p0             S State: up       Subdisks:     2 Size:         16 GB

2 subdisks:
S data.p0.s0            State: up       PO:        0  B Size:       8582 MB
S data.p0.s1            State: up       PO:     1152 kB Size:       8582 MB

I have a 3891M on /dev/da1h that I would like to add (concatenate?) to this.
My guess is that I need to create a plex with one subdisk and then add it to
the volume?  Is this possible to do without destroying the data that is
currently on the volume?  If so, what do I need to do to add it?

Thanks for the help!

Drew