Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:19:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeff Lynch <jeff@mercury.jorsm.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quad processor motherboard?

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Mitch Vincent wrote:

> I'm looking for a good quad processor motherboard to use with FreeBSD.. So
> far I have found several, all really expensive as expected and they almost
> all had on-board SCSI controllers and such..
>
> It's been said to me that even on-board Adaptec controllers won't work under
> FreeBSD, so I'm left out in the cold..

We have several dual PII ASUS motherboards with integrated Adaptec UW
controllers. They're not quads, and I can't see why it would matter, but
all run fine under FBSD. Just curious, what are you doing that requires
that much CPU?

--jeff

Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: jeff@jorsm.com		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: info@jorsm.com	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Indivds Since 1995