Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:49:22 +0000 ()
From:      Nick Liu <nickliu@value.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        nickliu@value.net
Subject:   Mail Exchange Porblem??

Dear powerful hackers:

My ISP had my site's DNS info set up and everything worked fine as far as
surfingi the net's concern.  But I want to let my users get their mails,
too.  I did a nslookup for the MX records my ISP did for me, here's what I
found.

   nslookup -querytype=mx mysite.com. ns.value.net.

nslookup responded:

Server:  ns.value.net
Address:  204.188.125.5

mysite.com	preference = 5, mail exchanger = value.net
mysite.com	preference = 10, mail exchanger = pair.com
mysite.com	nameserver = ns.value.net
mysite.com	nameserver = www.value.net
mysite.com	nameserver = ns1.pair.com
value.net	internet address = 204.188.125.4
pair.com	internet address = 207.86.128.11
ns.value.net	internet address = 204.188.125.5
www.value.net	internet address = 204.188.125.8
ns1.pair.com	internet address = 207.86.128.11

Apparenty there's no MX record for mysite.com.  Can I assume that I am
not able to run sendmail for all of the users on my site because no mail
will be forward to my site?

If the answer is yes, what should I tell my ISP to amend that and further,
what do I need to do (for example: configuring my sendmail.cf) to receive
and deliver the mail for my site?

If the answer is no, what can I do to make that happen?

Pointers are greatly appreciated.  Please cc me.

(*) Of course the site name is not mysite.com!!!