Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:03:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      Theo van Klaveren <havoc@cal30b054.student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@ints.ru>
Cc:        Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kde2pre: is it FreeBSD or Kde fault?

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
>
> > Donn Miller suggested to look at the development KDE, because of my need
> > for small but still usable graphical browser. I got the sources by
> > CVSup, bare minimum only, then compiled with standard system compiler.
> > It wasn't smooth but finally it works, well, the main reason I compiled
> > it was Konqueror and this app just doesn't work with www. Call it bad
> > luck or whatever but that's what I see:
> >

> > kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 100
> > kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 100
> > kio (KIOJob): dispatch 100
> > konqueror: SLOT_DATA 6487
> > konqueror: BEGIN...
> > KHTMLWidget::begin(....)
> > kio (Scheduler): Scheduler has now 1 jobs 0x8136000
> > konqueror: BROWSER JOB http://www.matti.ee/img/taust.gif
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/kde/lib/libkhtml.so.3: Undefined symbol "__eh_rtime_match"
> >
> > So I have question, is it Kde or FreeBSD fault, nm on the libkhtml.so.3
> > library shows me the "undefined symbol" is there:
> >
> > myhakas:vallo$ nm /usr/local/kde/lib/libkhtml.so.3 | grep eh_rtime_match
> > 	U __eh_rtime_match
> >
> I have the same problem. Try to delete compile flag "-fno-builtin" while
> compiling libkhtml and konqueror.

You actually get as far as kdebase? My builds quit in kdelibs in
arts/flow/stereofftscope.cpp with the following message (verbatim):

stereofftscope.cpp:~80: sorry, not implemented. (something about symbol
to big for symbol table). Recompile all your sources with -fhuge-objects.

I finished the build with make -k, but I have no arts :( I suspect this to
be a FreeBSD problem, as the Linux guys don't seem to have this (or it
would have been fixed in the previous two/three weeks).

I noticed the same problem with libkhtml, b.t.w.

    /^\     | Theo van Klaveren       <havoc@phoenix.student.utwente.nl>
 /^\\_//^\  | http://phoenix.student.utwente.nl             ICQ #1353681
    /       | This email was powered by FreeBSD <http://www.FreeBSD.org>;

`He's the mad scientist, and I'm his beautiful daughter.'
    - opening sentence from Heinlein's 'The number of the beast'