Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:40:55 -0800
From:      Linh Pham <question@closedsrc.org>
To:        arved@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysutil/3dm - additional step needed in make install

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

Port: sysutils/3dm
Port Version: 1.10.0.011_1

I installed the I installed the sysutils/3dm port on a freshly installed FreeBSD
system (as well as on a system updated to 4.7-RELEASE-p2) and it complained
that twe0 was not configured the daemon would not respond to requests. I
checked /dev to see if there was a twe0 device or not and it wasn't there.

I did a 'sh MAKEDEV twe0' under /dev and restarted the daemon via the rc.d
provided and got it working. I would probably add a check when installing the
port to see if /dev/twe0 exists or not, if not prompt the user to do a
MAKEDEV for the device or run the MAKEDEV script automatically.

The 3Ware controller that was in the system was a 7000-2.

Let me know if there is any other pieces of information that I need to
provide. Thanks.

--
Linh Pham                                         question@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                          http://closedsrc.org