Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2018 09:51:12 +0100
From:      Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
To:        User Hasse <hasse@bara1.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increased abuse activity on my server

User Hasse schreef op 2018-03-07 08:19:
> Hello All
> I belive I see an increased amount of abuse attempt on my server by
> several 100%
> in the last couple of months. Anybody else noticed ?

I saw this all the time, until I removed access to sshd from the
internet (only possible through VPN).
You can use solutions like sshguard to block these (after a few false
tries).
I use ossec to null-route all kind of 'failures' (also some script
kiddie trying to find my myPHPAdmin, and generating 10+ 404's on my
webserver).

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards / Mit freundlichem Gruß

Peter Boosten