Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:25:39 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
Cc:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Network load balancing hardware ...

Hi,

You just have to fall in love with open source software. :) I used freshmeat.net
to look for VRRP and found this site.

http://w3.arobas.net/~jetienne/vrrpd/index.html

It seems to only run on Linux for the moment. It is a userspace app so maybe
getting it to work on something else might not be too difficult.

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:40:06PM -0400, Chris Shenton wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:22:44 +0200, Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch> said:
>

> Gabriel> Eddie's feature list looks pretty impressive but what happens
> Gabriel> if the load balancing box itself crashes?
>
> Is anyone aware of a freely available VRRP implementation? I looked
> about 6 months ago and didn't see anything. Seems like it would be
> handy for balancers as well as firewalls.

Best Regards
Willem Brown

--
 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

When the need arises, any tool or object closest to you
becomes a hammer.