Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 10:55:32 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Michael Calloway" <callowaysi@hotmail.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Rebuilding on FreeBSD 5.x

Hello Michael,

On Mon, 19 May 2003 14:16:32 +0000
"Michael Calloway" <callowaysi@hotmail.com> wrote:

>    I am trying to work with FreeBSD 5.x. I recently d/l 5.1-Beta, and I
>    understand the signigficanceand gravity of a BETA. But I can't find
>    any docs on re-compiling a custom kernel.Would you please point me in
>    the right direction, please? TIA
>
>    Mike
>    ...and I get to keep the equipment when we're done.

The information in our handbook should be 99% applicable to FreeBSD
5.1-Beta.  If you see a significant difference between the information
located here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html

and your environment, please let us know and we will fix ASAP!

If you need help on a specific problem, (hardware or otherwise) you can
always email questions@FreeBSD.org, or check the appropriate handbook
chapter/section.

Thanks,

--