Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 1997 17:28:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tim Ackermann <webmaster@tawd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Tim Ackermann wrote:

> I've got the bootable floppy and have booted with it multiple times
> attempting to set up freebsd.  I get all the way to the dial screen...
> alt-F3...and when I get there I can't get it to do anything...
>
> I have done everything I can think of...set dial # and then dial...and
> it fails.  I have tried to dial my second line just to see if it is
> dialing...but nothing happens.

Make sure the device is set properly.  Do 'show modem' to display the
current settings.  If the modem device is wrong, do 'set device ..' to
change it.  Note that /dev/cuaa0 = COM1 and /dev/cuaa1 = COM2.

During the boot probe make sure that sio0 and sio1 are being detected
properly, and make sure your modem is available on COM1 or COM2.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo