Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 14:28:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAO DFE-650 and Latitude

HI,

I'm attempting to run freebsd on a dell Lattitude cpi with a D-Link DFE
650 TX PCMCIA 10/100 Network Card.  So far I haven't had much luck.  Last
month I ran freebsd -release with PAO.  I only used a Modem and not
ethernet.  Now I'm attempting to use a supported ethernet card and its not
working.  Can someone help me.  I tried just installing from a 4.0-current
CD-rom however that didn't work because it didn't pickup the ehternet
card.  I figured PAO would pick it up but it didn't when I booted
off of the floppies.

1.  Is this card supported?  Is there another card I could use that would
give me 10/100 and get to work?

2.  For those of you that have Latitudes when I boot up and go to the
visual configuration I show a conflict with the the PCMCIA slots.  There
are four 2 for slot0 and 2 for slot 1.  Which ones should I enable and
which ones should I remove??

3.  I mostly want to use the laptop as a stand alone and not docked.  But
has anyone gotton a docking station to work.

4.  I have three other cards a Dell (3com) 3ccFE575BT-d that came with it
a 3com Megahertz 3cxfe575BT and a 3com megahertz 3ccfem556.  Do either of
these cards work??

5.  How hard would it be for me to write a driver for one of them?

6.  I see that Melco and Ontec are supported without any hitches.  However
I can't find a supplier.  I'm guessing this is a card from out of this
(USA) country.  Can someone point me in the direction of a dealer or
website that would ship the card to me.  Any body willing to purchase
the card for me if I supply the funds?

Thanks in Advance

JOHN