Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:15:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kip Macy <kmacy@netapp.com>
To:        aditya@grot.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS hang with fxp and Network Appliance fileserver

> If this is the "correct" method to deal with the fxp cards, then should
> the text be amended or should the fxp driver be "fixed"?

This sounds like it could be a flow control problem caused by NFS v2's abuse
of fragmentation/reassembly when using large UDP packets.

What are your mount options? Have you tried v3 with tcp?

Many of our machines in the labs have 8255x based cards and none of them see
this problem. That is not to say that your problem is not real, just that there
is some key difference in configuration that we need to isolate.

					-Kip