Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:04:34 +0100
From:      Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Cc:        desktop@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What about improving the desktop ports consistency: task 1, the fonts

--nextPart49152018.M7A5j4bLTi

On Friday 20 January 2012 07:51:41 Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> I have seen that some ports use INSTALLS_* from bsd.xorg.mk, some=20
others do
> the mkfontscale first and directly package the fonts.scale fonts.* stuff
> in the package.

Just a random thought: may it be that there is also no consistency in fonts=
=20
tarballs upstream packaging?

> (do we still need that FontPath thing?, if no then the
> pkg-message asking people to fill it should be dropped)

I think we do, but will try and report.

> If you are not willing to write the page, I'll do, but I need someone
> describing me how things are working together in the font world.

Unfortunately I don't know this kind of stuff. If no one here does, we migh=
t=20
call for help in x11@ (eadler?)...
=2D-=20
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

As of next Thursday, UNIX will be flushed in favor of TOPS-10.
Please update your programs.