Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:03:25 -0600
From:      Mark Johnston <mjohnston@skyweb.ca>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple SSL Domains on one IP ...

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Nicolas de Bari Embriz G. R. wrote:
>
> > A solution could be to use a different PORT per virtualhost
> >
> > domain1:4430
> > domaim2:4431
> > domain3:4432
>
> I thought about that ... but there would be no way of doing that
> transparently, would there?  I thought about through the use of the Proxy
> stuff, so you'd have https://domain Proxy for https://domain:4430 ... but
> I don't think that that would flow through, would it?

What about a redirect?  You could run name-based virtual hosting for all
of your domains as http://domain, and have it redirect (rewrite, whatever
you prefer) to https://domain:4430/requestedpath/etc.  As long as the site
uses all relative links, that should work OK - absolute links would knock
the user in and out of SSL mode and screw up form submission.

Mark