Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:29:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Jack Velte <jackv@earthling.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Linux is UNIX, and FreeBSD is not?"

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > is anyone working on this issue?  did i hear someone
> > volunteer jordan?  uh.  would someone else like to
> > work on it?
>
> We discussed this a while back.  We decided that UNIX 98% validation
> was counterproductive.

	Counterproductive because it would drain away from primary
development, or was there another reason?  While the standards are kind of
bogus in most respects, they have their advantages.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,