Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:54:36 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, current@FreeBSD.org, peter@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: stdout changes break some ports

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 06:43:13PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> : David O'Brien committed a workaround to the clog port yesterday to
> : move the initializer to main() instead of trying to do it statically.
> :=20
> : Is this something which is supposed to work?
>=20
> No.  This isn't something that is guaranteed to work per the
> standards, iirc.  The proper fix is to put the initializer in main.

OK.  Someone needs to go and fix those 84 ports then.

  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-latest-4-latest.html

is a better resource for finding these than the complete list of build
logs, because it only shows the ones which fail in 5.0 but build in
4.x (we have an awful lot of ports which are just completely broken)

Kris

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--