Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:22:50 -0600
From:      Chad David <davidc@issci.ca>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two make questions

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:58:33AM +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> I need to run my newly created Makefiles on one sorry RedHat box, and
> the pmake package just doesn't cut it. So, since I couldn't find any
> other rpm on redhat.com, what are my chances should I, say, want to use
> /usr/ports/Mk/* on Linux? (Not that this is actually the case, my
> Makefiles are pretty simple.)

One of the projects I'm working on is a build system much like FreeBSD's
and instead of restricting our features we simply ported pmake from
FreeBSD.  The Solaris port took me about 10 minutes, while the win32 port
was a little more involved (it would be easier without fork() :)), so I
doubt a RH port will be difficult (I hesitate to even call it a port).

You can either keep your makefiles very simple (good luck!), or you can
port pmake and just move the whole system over.

Good luck.

--
Chad David        davidc@acns.ab.ca
www.FreeBSD.org   davidc@freebsd.org