Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:05:37 +0200
From:      Andre DDAdmin <andre@newmed.co.za>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcm0: problem

hi, I have a slight problem. I'm running 4.1.1-release, and thinking of moving to 4.2-release or stable. the problem occurs whenever I play any sound file.
mp3 or wav files. if the sound card is in use and I move my mouse, it gives me this error.

pcm0: hwptr went backwards xxxx -> xxxx
pcm0: hwptr went backwards xxxx -> xxxx
pcm0: hwptr went backwards xxxx -> xxxx

the 'xxxx' is always some random number and doesn't correspond to position of the mouse pointer.
I never used to have this problem in 4.1-release.

FreeBSD is running on a Compaq Armada E500, pII 366.

thanks in advance

andre'