Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:42:50 +0300
From:      Ionut Anghel <ionut.anghel@gmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Firewall/NAT/Traffic Shapper

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Firewall/NAT/Traffic Shapper server using FreeBSD 5.3
I install all the packages, including kernel sources...everything's ok.
Then I activate ipnat and natd in rc.conf and all the clients behind the=20
router can access the Internet.
But, if I want to install dummynet (i add options dummynet and ipfirewall i=
n=20
kernel source) and recompile the kernel, after the reboot, nothing's workin=
g=20
any more! Not even from the server! I can't even ping a NIC.=20
I have read lots of tutorials, but nothing's helpfull...
Please, tell me the correct steps I should follow in order to do what I wan=
t=20
to do (or give me a good and complete tutorial)
Thanks in advance!

Ionut