Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 12:33:03 +1000 (EST)
From:      robert@chalmers.com.au (Robert Chalmers)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (bsd)
Subject:   strange malloc behaviour

I'm noting some strange behaviour from the FreeBSD 2-2-SNAPSHOT box.
The kernel is generating malloc warnings!

In the web server error_log file, I get the following message from
access to the home pages,

	Malloc Warning: free(): already free page.

This repeats itself at regular intervals, like ever time the index page
is accessed? It seems to be then, but other times as well I suspect?

Now the interesting thing is. It doesn't matter if I run Apache, or NSCA,
in either ones error_log, I get the same message, so I assume it's KERNEL
generated?

I've looked in the LINT conf, can't see anything obvious that would control
this,

any ideas anyone?

Bob
--
The China House.
Advertise, or there's a good chance the sheriff will do it for you. P.T Barnum.