Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:29:23 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best X configurator for laptops?

--Xb8pJpF45Qg/t7GZ

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 07:59:59AM -0800, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Hi again. I have a Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop, now running 4.7.=20
> xf86cfg and xf86config both give (different) unusable results for my=20
> system. Which of the other X configurators in the ports collection=20
> seem to do a good job on laptops, if any?
>=20
> --Paul Hoffman

You need to be more specific about the problems you are encountering.
What is the specific error you get when you try to launch X?  What
version of X are you running?  I had an Inspiron 4000(?) running fine
with X v3 a little over a year ago.  The only specific I can remember is
that I had to set the mouse protocol to "BusMouse" in order to get the
touchpad to work properly.  If you are using X version 4 you could try
to generate a skeleton config file using `XFree86 -configure`.

Nathan

--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--Xb8pJpF45Qg/t7GZ

--Xb8pJpF45Qg/t7GZ--