Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2009 02:13:45 +0200
From:      Fabrice Planchon <fab@math.univ-paris13.fr>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thinkpad 560X and pcmcia [SOLVED]

On Tue Jul 14 2009 at 05:10:31PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> You can use 'hw.pci.link.0x61.irq=11' for the $PIR syntax that is similar to
> the above ACPI syntax (for $PIR you use the link's id in the 'Link' column in
> dmesg whereas for ACPI you use the link device's name).

ok. Tried it. Doesn't work tho ;-)

> You might need to do 'hw.pci0.0.2.INTB.irq="11"' becuase of PCI in 7.0 support

YES ! that did it.
(I do have an interrupt storm on irq11 with one of the 2 pc cards I
plug in, but I think it's the fancy 3Com ethernet/modem card which is
at fault. I suppose now that I have the right syntax I can re-assign
IRQs around and make the storm go away)

> domains/segments now by default.  If that works I have a patch that will let
> the old hints still work that you can test.

I am not sure what you meant, but I'll happily try any patch if that
is of help to you. I plan to recompile a (leaner) kernel anyway,
many thanks and best regards

                         F.