Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:32:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      john chatelle <chatelj@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing DHCP on FreeBSD 2.2.5

   When I run 'dhclient ed2'on the command line
I get the 'ELF error' listed:

 Bash$ /usr/local/sbin/dhclient ed2
ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Abort trap

   I ran the upgrade package for FreeBSD 2.2.5 and
got the same error.
Is there a package/port I need to load for this
missing file?

 Also, are there now larger differences between
the *old* FreeBSD and the LINUXes?  Is it time to
'trade in' the old 2.2 CDs for the current
release of FreeBSD in light of greater use of ELF?