Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:42:11 -0500
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   awk problems

I just recently cvsupped and noticed the awk changes (and read UPDATING),
and I'm still having problems getting a make world to complete. Here is the
end  of my make world log. It just sits there for hours filling up my HD
until I kill it and  make clean in /usr/src. here's the log:

===> sys/boot/i386/loader
bunch of cc's
cp loader.sym loader.bin
strip -R .comment -R .note loader.bin
cat /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../common/help.common
/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/help.i386 | awk -f
/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../common/merge_help.awk > loader.help

it just sits here taking almost 100% cpu for hours.

if anyone needs more details, please let me know.