Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 13:03:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@stretch.cs.virginia.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   scsi disk probed, but not configured!

Hi everyone,

	I have a critical disk problem.  This morning I rebooted my
machine and one of the disks has become unreachable.  It is still probed
correctly by the kernel:

	(ahb0:6:0): "CDC 94191-15 0136" type 0 fixed SCSI 1
	sd3(ahb0:6:0): Direct-Access 632MB (1295850 512 byte sectors)

but, the kernel says that it is not configured.  What's gone wrong?  The
problem isn't mentioned during booting until the fsck's are done.

	The disk sounds like it is spining up just fine, so I am at a
loss for what to try to get this disk back on line.  It is really
important to recover this disk, because it has /usr/home on it. :-(

	FYI, I am running 2.1.0-RELEASE.

thanks,

	Adrian
        System Administrator for the NVL, NIIMS and Telemedicine labs

adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~atf3r/   --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!
Member: The League for                 -->>| For an application and information
       Programming Freedom               ->| see: http://www.lpf.org/