Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:07:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Snapshots

Allen Smith wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 > On Jul 19,  4:46am, ktsin@mail.singtel-yp.com (possibly) wrote:
 > > > How long are snapshots kept on releng3.freebsd.org? I'd like to track down
 > > > when proxy ARP broke, but I don't have a machine just yet I can use to
 > > > install successive -STABLE snapshots until it find which day it died. Just
 > > > want to make sure they're not going to disappear before I get the hardware
 > > > :)
 >
 > Is choparp still functional? What are the symptoms of the proxy ARP
 > breakage (just doesn't happen, or what)?

Uh...  I _really_ hope that choparp is still functional,
since I heavily depend on it.

It's running fine on a 2.2.8 box right now, but I need to
upgrade it to 4.0-current in the near future.

I understand that choparp does not depend on the kernel's
internal handling of ARP requests, but it rather does
everything itself.  Is that correct?  In that case it should
continue to work.  If choparp refuses to work, I'll be in
serious trouble.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)