Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 19:44:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "DI. Christian Gusenbauer" <cg@scotty.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NCR810 problem?

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > Some months ago, I wrote a driver for the 82596 ethernet controller sitting
> > on an Intel EV960CA evaluation board. If you want, I'll be able to give you
> > (or someone who is willing to port it to FreeBSD) the source.
>
> Do you still happen to have that EV960CA around, I tried to get a hold of
> one of these about a year and a half ago, but Intel had stopped makeing
> them.  The EV960CA will by design look quite different than most I/O
> card type i82596 cards, but should work the same for the MB versions.

Yeah, we tried to get a second board and failed too :). Especially the
82596 piggy pack module was the problem. Intel told us, that the engineers
who developed this module left Intel, and so they stopped makeing this.
Then we bought a Heurikon HK960 board :-)!

--
Christian.                     "The best way you can accelerate windows,
cg@fimp01.fim.uni-linz.ac.at    is through one." - Ivan Wheelwright